Join us here for some favorite recipes from our fitness instructors!!!
Pioneer Woman Grilled Mini Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese
- 1 pound Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Log (4 Oz. Size) Goat Cheese
- Minced Fresh Rosemary
- Minced Fresh Thyme
- Maldon® Smoked Sea Salt Flakes
Cut stems off peppers, then slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove inner ribs and seeds. Place halved peppers on large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, folding to coat evenly. Sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold and repeat.
Place peppers cut-side down on hot grill grates. Once the peppers are charred to your liking, flip to grill the other side of the peppers. Each side should only take a minute or two. When peppers are done, remove them to the rimmed baking pan, cut-side up – or to a platter for a nicer serving presentation. Using a small knife or spoon, remove a bit of goat cheese from the log and add it to the center of a grilled pepper half. Repeat until all goat cheese is used.
Sprinkle peppers with fresh rosemary and thyme, plus a nice amount of Maldon smoked sea salt flakes. Some of the salt flakes can be rather large, so lightly crunch them between your finger tips as you sprinkle, if desired. I’ve found that our family likes to get plenty of pops of smoked salt in their bites, so I tend to sprinkle fairly generously. Serve warm.
Laurin’s Pioneer Woman Steak-bites
1 pound Sirloin Steak (without Much Gristle) Or Pre-cut Beef Tips
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
Trim off the large obvious piece of fat that runs along the side of the meat. Next, cut strips less than 1-inch wide. Rotate the meat and cut into small bite-sized pieces. If you see any more large chunks of fat, gristle or long silvery membrane, cut them off.
Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss the meat around a bit to thoroughly coat with the seasonings.
Next, turn on your ventilation fan overhead. Heat the skillet over medium high to high heat. As the pan heats, add about 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Allow the butter to melt, then brown, before you add the meat.
Place some of the meat in the pan in a single layer. It should sizzle loudly when it hits the pan – if it doesn’t, the pan isn’t hot enough. Don’t stir or disrupt the meat for 30-45 seconds. You want it to sizzle and brown on one side. Scoop as many steak bites as you can with your spatula and flip them over. Repeat until all the meat is turned. Cook for an additional 30 to 45 seconds—just long enough to sear the outside of the meat but NOT cook the inside.
Remove the meat to a clean plate. Add a little more butter to the pan and repeat the cooking process with the next batch just as before. Lastly, when all the meat is nicely browned and removed to the plate, pour all that browned/blackened butter all over the meat. And enjoy!
|The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte|
|The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte|
- Add the milk and pumpkin to a small pot. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, until the mixture begins to simmer. Add in the stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- Add the coffee to a large mug, and pour the milk mixture on top
Deann’s Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While oven is pre-heating, prepare all vegetables by cutting into bite-sized pieces.
- Then, place the zucchini, squash, bell peppers, asparagus, and red onion in a large roasting pan, and toss with the olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on a baking pan.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender
Deann’s Crispy Southwest Wrap
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
*1 lb ground beef (or chicken/turkey) *1 cup cooked rice….any kind will work
*salt and pepper *1 1/2 cups grated cheese cheddar,
*2 1/2 tsp chili powder monterey or pepperjack
*1 1/2 tsp cumin * 1/2 sour cream
* 2 TB water* 1/2 sour cream *6-8 flour tortillas….can use corn
*1 can black beans rinsed and drained
*1 cup frozen corn thawed
*1/2 red bell pepper chopped
*1 green onion chopped
**Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and crumble until browned. Drain grease. Season with a little salt and pepper and add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and water. Stir to combine. Add black beans, corn, bell pepper and onions, toss to combine. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
**Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
**Warm the rice. Layer tortilla with a handful of cheese evenly spread scross the tortilla. Add a small scoop of rice, placing it in a line along one end of the tortilla. On top of the rice add a few small dollops of sour cream and a spoonful of the beef filling. Starting at that end, roll the tortilla up, folding in the sides like a burrito.
**Spray the skillet generously with cooking spray and place the wraps seam side down on the greased skillet. Gently brush the tops of the wraps lightly with oil or spray the with cooking spray. Turn the wraps every minute or two until they are golden and crispy on all sides. Serve warm with salsa and/or a creamy cilantro dipping sauce below.
Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream (can be low fat but not fat free)
- 1/4 cup mayo (low fat but not fat free)
- 2 Tbl lime juice, fresh
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Place in container, cover and chill for 1 hour.
Joey’s fav pumpkin smoothie
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1 cup milk (or more)
4 TB favorite creamer (I like hazelnut) if you don’t want to use creamer use 1 TB of honey & increase milk
1 tsp cin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
8 ice cubes (or more)
Blend everything together till smooth. Yummy!!!
PS ( you may need to play with amounts till you like….I always just eye my ingredients!!!)