CPRD Kiddie Korner Policies
1) Colstrip Park and Recreation District Kiddie Korner is a facility provided for parents who are utilizing the CPRD building fitness facilities or are participating in a fitness class or adult sports league within the CPRD building. Parents may only leave the building while their children are in the Kiddie Korner if they are participating in a CPRD fitness class or CPRD special event.
2) Infants will not be allowed into the CPRD Kiddie Korner until they are 8 weeks old AND have had their first immunization shots for communicable disease (usually MMR, DPT, and Polio). All children must have current immunizations on file to be admitted. Please provide a copy of proof of immunization and a list of your child’s allergies and symptoms if your child is new to the CPRD Kiddie Korner. CPRD Kiddie Korner staff cannot administer medications to children under our supervision.
3) To insure that CPRD Kiddie Korner staff are providing the best care, we can accept no more than 2 infants (9 months or under) per attendant.
4) Patrons with the following health conditions will not be allowed onto CPRD premises:
- Evidence of head lice (nits or live lice). Patrons will not be allowed onto CPRD premises until treatment has occurred and there is no longer evidence of nits or live lice.
- A fever of 101 degrees F or higher in the past 24 hours. Patrons must be free of fever without fever reducing medications such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Vomiting or diarrhea that has occurred in the past 24 hours.
- Continuous coughing, constant runny nose, eye discharge, or unidentified rash.
- Patrons with chicken pox, strep throat, pink eye or other communicable diseases.
- If you or your child has been prescribed antibiotics for illness, please treat for at least 24 hours before returning to CPRD.
Patrons will be asked to leave immediately if symptoms of illness develop or nits or live lice are discovered while on CPRD premises. CPRD staff, under advisement of local health authorities, reserves the right to determine when patrons can be readmitted. If you have questions, please call and speak with our Kiddie Korner Supervisor during regular business hours.
Please help us in trying to keep everyone healthy at CPRD!
5) All children must be checked into the Kiddie Korner and picked up by parents, guardians, or siblings 13 years of age and older. We are cannot be responsible for children who are not checked in. While checking children into the Kiddie Korner, parents need to inform our staff where they will be in case of an emergency. Please be courteous to Kiddie Korner staff and promptly pick up your child after your activity.
6) CPRD Kiddie Korner provides a variety of snacks for snack time (usually 10 AM in the Fall, Winter and Spring. During Summer Session there will be no set snack time due to classes). Please inform the Kiddie Korner staff if you DO NOT want your child to receive a snack or if you prefer to provide your own. During Summer Session, Kiddie Korner staff will administer lunches as provided by parents. Please make arrangements with Kiddie Korner staff if you require a specific lunch time. PLEASE NO GUM!
7) Kiddie Korner staff will be allowed to leave early if no children are checked in within 15 minutes after the hour before the scheduled closing time of the Nursery.
8) FIRE – In case of fire the children will be evacuated by the nearest exit. It they are in the Kiddie Korner they will be lead out the back exit and will meet parents at the Rye Park pavilion.
Kiddie Korner Child Behavior Guidelines
Children who cry uncontrollably for an extended period of time (10 – 15 minutes) will be returned to their parents.
A. Reasonable Child Behavior Problems
For reasonable child behavior problems (i.e. not sharing, not listening to staff, other discourteous behavior) our discipline policy is:
Step 1: Placing the child in time out and discussing appropriate behavior with the child.
Step 2: If the behavior is continual, parents will be informed. Unmanageable children will be returned to their parents for the remainder of the day.
B. Severe Child Behavior Problems
For children exhibiting severe child behavior problems that put other children and/or staff at risk of personal injury (i.e. hitting, kicking, biting, or other forceful, physical behavior) our discipline policy is:
- The Child will be placed in time out. The Kiddie Korner staff reserves the right to determine, based on child’s age and the incident, whether a child will be placed in time out or returned to the parent. Unmanageable children who refuse to sit in time out will be returned to the parent for the remainder of the day.
- An incident report will be filled out.
- Parents will be given an official warning by the Kiddie Korner staff that informs them of their child’s behavior. If the behavior continues their child will be moved to Step 2 for severe behavior.
- If the severe behavior continues after the official warning has been given to the parents, the child will not be admitted into the Kiddie Korner for a period of two weeks.
- If the severe behavior continues after the initial two week period a new incident report will be completed and the child will not be admitted into the Kiddie Korner for another two week period. The child will remain at Step 2 for severe behavior until they are able to remain incident free for a period of six months.
CPRD Kiddie Korner keeps a record of severe behavioral issues. If a child is continually attempting to hurt other children and/or staff in a purposeful manner parents may be asked that the child permanently leave the CPRD Kiddie Korner. The CPRD Kiddie Korner staff reserves the right to distinguish between reasonable and severe child behavior.